Friday, May 9, 2014

Lights

Temporary light switches
Our handy electrician

This week I have found myself walking through the space trying to imagine walking into a room and switching the lights on as we have been finalising the placement of all the switches. It's amazing how many we have moved or added by doing this compared with the original electrical plans. Lack of ceiling lights is one of my biggest gripes about living in New York. Rarely do you rent an apartment where there are any fixed lights other than in the bathroom and kitchen so I am very excited about the prospect of having good lighting throughout. I also need to get a move on with selecting lights as I had been thinking that this was more of a finishing item that wouldn't be required yet but the GC wants to know things like how heavy they are so he can ensure they will be supported correctly - better get myself to a lighting store! 


No comments:

Post a Comment